Many of us have embarked on a journey to improve our health. But learning new habits and skills takes time. One important aspect of our health is the foods that we consume. At times, changing up the foods we eat multiple times per day can seem like a daunting task. I promise you that it is achievable, rewarding, and will repay you in so many ways. Change takes time, give yourself grace to learn and experiment. Some foods you try you will really enjoy. Other recipes will be learning experiences. It is important to have a repertoire of recipes that you can fall back on and know that are tasty, healthy, and satisfying.
One of those recipes for me is this strawberry cucumber salad. I add quinoa and avocado to make this salad a complete meal. I wanted to share it with you. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. I have adapted this recipe from #healthygirlkitchen
“And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
Strawberry Cucumber Salad Recipe:
- 2 cups of mixed baby greens
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1 cup of diced cucumbers
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- 1 cup of sliced red onions
- 1 cubed avocado
- 2 cups of cooked and cooled quinoa
- Optional: 1 cup of vegan feta cheese
- ⅔ cup of unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (freshly squeezed is the best)
- 1 tsp of poppy seeds
- ⅛ tsp of salt
1) Place greens and chopped produce in a large bowl.
2) Ensure that the quinoa is cooled and add it to the salad.
3) Mix dressing ingredients in canning jar.
4) When ready to serve, drizzle the dressing over the salad.
May Your Health Prosper,
Elizabeth Perry, DNP