Great tasting and healthy recipes are worth their weight in gold. Dr. Elizabeth Perry recently found this resource, PlantYou.com, that offers delicious recipes, meal planning, cookbook, and more! LifeMed Clinic purchased a few of the beautiful designed PlantYou cookbook that we are offering to our patients.
May you enjoy abundant health,
Rick Christman, MPH
Vegan Alfredo Sauce with Veggies Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 head cauliflower, small, broken into florets
- ½ yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 head garlic, top sliced off
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 1 yukon gold potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, pre-soaked
- 2 cup soymilk or almond milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 16 oz fettuccine
- Pasta pot
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat the oven to 400F. On a parchment lined baking sheet, add the cauliflower, onion, garlic, parsnip and sliced potatoes, along with the salt, pepper and oregano. Drizzle with olive oil (if desired). Place in the oven for 40 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions, reserving at least 1 cup of pasta water.
- Once roasted, add all of the vegetables to a blender with the sunflower seeds, plant-based milk, nutritional yeast and lemon juice.
- Add the alfredo sauce to a pan with pasta water as needed to thin. Stir in the cooked alfredo pasta and enjoy immediately.